Hebron governor locks down the city after three new cases Of coronavirus

Photos File
Photos File

Days Of Palestine - West Bank 

With the confirmation of three cases of coronavirus in the southern West Bank city of Hebron yesterday, its governor has decided to lock down the city until further notice to prevent the spread of the deadly disease.

"Based on the latest developments in the health situation and in order to combat this pandemic and reduce the spread of the coronavirus, it has been decided to take precautionary and preventive measures in Hebron as of Monday, March 30, 2020 and until further notice,” said governor Jibrin Bakri in a statement.

Read More: Bethlehem governor declares a two-day lockdown on city

The measures include a total lockdown on the city in which no one will be allowed to enter or leave it and only groceries will be allowed to open from 10 in the morning until noon, and from 4 until 6 in the evening, excluding pharmacies, bakeries and gas stations, with no more than five people will be allowed in the grocery stores at one time and only in shops near their homes.

Bakri said that all permits given out during the emergency period declared in Palestine earlier this month have been cancelled, urging city residents to stay home as a precautionary measure.

Read More: One Palestinian woman dead of coronavirus, 97 new cases confirmed in West Bank

thumbs_b_c_4928e5033fd3f1fdc54c687eea18b1a6