Sun. May 20 2018

Due to Israel siege, 5-month baby burns to death in Gaza

Gaza residents use charcoal grills to warm up and candles to light their houses due to lack of electricity caused by Israeli siege.

Jan 27 2018

(Archive)
(Archive)
Increase font
Decrease font

Five-month baby girl burnt to death on Friday night after her parents used candle to light their room due to lack of electricity caused by 11-year-old Israeli-Egyptian siege on Gaza.

Palestinian medical sources said that the baby Jodan Ameen Doghmosh arrived dead in Al-Shifa Hospital in the west of the Gaza City.

The medical sources said that the baby girl, five months, suffered sever burns across her body.

Meanwhile, the Palestinian civil defence directorate said in a statement that the baby died during a fire that came through her family house.

In the statement, they said that a candle was used to light the house during the full electricity blackout caused by the Israeli siege on Gaza.

Flames from the candle leapt and started a fire that came through the whole house of the baby, stressing that the other members of the family miraculously survived fatal death.

During the ongoing extreme rainstorm hitting the region, the Gaza residents use charcoal grills to warm up and candles to light their homes due to the severs shortage of electricity and fuel.

Subscribe

Subscribe Days Of Plestine

Join To Get latest agency articles straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below: